Do you want to be part of creating a social sandbox game that empowers girls to play and create with code? Do you want to make sure that their experience is the best that it can be?
As a UX/UI Designer, you will be working on the overall user experience of the game in all aspects and phases of production. You’ll create and improve the UX/UI for the entire game and help mold the UX and gameplay, creating an intuitive experience for the players. We are looking for someone who is not only interested in the look of the buttons, but also cares about the complete user experience, which can include animations, sound, micro-interactions, accessibility and user research. Most importantly, we are looking for a key product team member. You will be at the core of this new stage in the development of imagi.
What you will do
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Transform game design briefs into intuitive UX designs that function across different platforms
- Produce wireframes, flows, mockups and interactive prototypes as you explore and iterate towards a working solution
- Create the structure and user journey of the game interfaces while ensuring to maintain a hierarchy of information and clear communication
- Develop and maintain UI and UX needs following project's art direction and design requirements
- Work closely with artists and engineers to deliver the best possible consistent user experience while staying within the engine’s technical requirements
- Take an active role in implementation and feature delivery and test the integration of features in the game
- Manage user research and playtests
- Iterate quickly based on feedback from users or raised by the development team
- Actively participate in qualitative review meetings
Who you are
- Natural desire to create fantastic player experiences
- Excited to be part of a small, ambitious and really hard-working team
- Excited to be the main UX/UI Designer on the team (read as the only full time UX/UI Designer on the team)
- Excited to design a product for kids and pre-teens
- A strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude
- Good communication and works well in a team environment receptive to feedback and giving constructive feedback
- Self-motivated toward solving creative problems and working in the absence of concrete answers or specific direction
- Organized and striving for the best quality
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a UX designer in the (mobile) gaming industry
- You have a solid understanding of UX design principles and practices, and how they apply to game design
- You are proficient in Figma, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- You're able to create interactive prototypes that range from simple to complex.
- You document your work well, showing your process, design thinking and creating an easy reference for others
We would love if you have
- Experience with Unity
- Experience or interest in working across different game development areas, like gameplay design, sound design, game economy design
- Knowledge about game industry trends and art styles
Who we are
imagiLabs is an ed-tech startup on a mission to empower girls to play and create with code and become part of a movement of girls shaping the future. We do so by creating fun, social and easy to use product to learn coding. Our products span across the physical and digital. The imagi mobile game is a social sandbox game that teaches coding through the creation of pixel art and one-of-a-kind, positive in-app community. The experience is enhanced by the imagiCharm, a programmable accessory that brings code to life. Everything we do at imagiLabs comes from our desire to inspire girls to reach their potential and create a more equitable future. We live and breathe our mission, and build our products to appeal to girls by design, but to not exclude anyone.
Good to know
This position is full-time and based in our Stockholm office with a hybrid working model (part office, part working from home). As we think that team is everything and want to make sure that we are a good fit for each other, we like to start by working on a short project before signing a contract for employment for an indefinite period of time.
We are a small but international company so you must be fluent in English and be comfortable working with people from different professional and cultural backgrounds as well as remote teams.
If you are interested, please send us a short intro as to who you are and why you are interested in and suitable for the position, and attach your resume and portfolio. Let us see your skill.