What is imagiLabs?
imagiLabs is an ed-tech startup on a mission to empower girls to play and create with code and become part of a movement of girls shaping the future. We do so by creating fun, social and easy to use products to learn coding, that span across the physical and digital. Everything we do at imagiLabs comes from our desire to inspire girls to reach their potential and create a more equitable future. We live and breathe our mission, and build our products to appeal to girls by design, but to not exclude anyone.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a full-stack developer or a team of developers who could build out our cross-platform classroom app. You will collaborate closely with our product team in building the MVP of this platform that will empower educators to teach coding.
Who are you?
- You are autonomous, have proven ability to work in a high throughput environment and have a strong empathy towards end-users
- You are able to take initiative and make research-informed decisions
What are the skills and experience that we think would set you up for success in this role?
- 3+ years of experience developing web and/or mobile apps
- Experience with Flutter (a ➕ if you have experience developing both mobile and web applications)
- Experience with Firebase & Google Cloud
We would love if you had:
- Experience designing and prototyping, or willingness to learn these skills. Given that we’re a small team, the ability to assist with design cycles would be much appreciated.
- Experience working on an educational platform.
Good to know
This position is freelance and remote-friendly, with opportunity to grow into a longer-term collaboration if we enjoy working together.
We are a small but international company so you must be fluent in English and be comfortable working with people from different professional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are interested, please send us a short intro as to who you are and why you are interested in and suitable for the position, and attach your resume. If you have any relevant projects you’ve worked on that you can show us we’d love to see them as well!